Each October, companies around the world celebrate Employee Ownership (EO) month. This year, in the face of heightened uncertainty and struggles around public health, job losses, and small business closures, it is particularly important to highlight the transformative potential of employee ownership as a stable economic engine for communities. Now is the perfect time to recognize the people who make Renova Energy successful and celebrate what sets our Coachella Valley solar team apart!
Supporting Local Initiatives
All October long, our employee-owners are giving back and getting involved. Take a look at what’s going on:
- Saturday, October 2nd - The Rae of Hope Retreat
- This event dedicates an entire day to educating school-age children about self-esteem, team-building, and anti-bullying
- Saturday, October 9th - Paint El Paseo Pink!
- This walk on El Paseo is organized by Desert Cancer Foundation to raise awareness for breast cancer and honor its survivors.
- Monday, October 11th - FIND Food Bank
- This community-based distribution site provides food for those in need. You’ll see the orange Renova shirts out there helping at Civic Center Park!
- Saturday, October 30th - Girl Scouts Trunk-or-Treat
- The San Gorgonio Girl Scouts are throwing an outdoor trunk-or-treat Halloween event along Mediterranean Avenue in Palm Desert. Come for the treats, stay to support the Girl Scouts!
Renova Energy’s ESOP Rewards Program
To commemorate Renova Energy’s 15-year anniversary, we established our ESOP Rewards Program this June. This program rewards our employees with points and prizes for certain activities, such as participating in community service events or taking online classes to better their education. So far, it’s provided wonderful opportunities for our employee-owners to have fun while bettering themselves and their community.
Benefits of ESOPs
On average, employee-owners have a 53% higher job tenure and twice the average total retirement balance of Americans nationally of traditional firms. At Renova Energy, we empower our employee-owners by promoting from within and providing training through our very own educational program, Renova University. This enables our employee-owners to advance their careers, build more wealth, and gain more confidence.
Renova Energy’s employee-owners also think like owners, which means they understand how their actions and ideas contribute to the company, and they are filled with a sense of pride to perform at their best each and every day.
Being an employee-owned company has made us more apt to handle short-term crises since we have a long-term mindset. In 2020, COVID-19 was a threat to our health, our economy, and our community. But for the past year and a half, we have led the charge to help our community recover and have grown our family to nearly 250 Renovians strong.
Our solar experts in the Coachella Valley care about EO because it adds value to our company, our employee-owners, and our community. Ultimately, Employee Ownership helps all of us thrive, and the team at Renova Energy is excited to celebrate it!
Want to learn more? Check out our page which explains our ESOP program or call to discuss how you can join the ever-growing Renova Energy team! We are the Coachella Valley leading solar installation team, and we couldn’t do it without every member of this company.